“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” – City of Edmonton Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012
What’s your BIG idea? It doesn’t have to be as grand as building a big city. It only has to be big for you, something to get you out of bed in the morning. Something that gives you goosebumps. Something that attracts people. Something that gets people asking “how are you going to do that?” and other people saying “it can’t be done!”
Here are some questions to get you started on building your big dream:
- What needs doing in your community that could benefit from your contributions?
- What would a breakthrough in performance look like for your team, department or organization?
- What would make your organization the “best in the world” at what it does?
- What would make you the “best in the world” at what you do?
- What would a breakthrough look like for your profession?
That’s enough for now…go dream!